Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jan - Feb layouts

I've neglected taking photos of recent layouts. So here's a photo-intensive post of some recent pages made using the January and February Hall of Fame kits from MWL.
January's kit has an oriental theme and I used it for photos taken during Lunar New Year at my in-laws'.
Envelope hides journalling.

I love the enamel beads.

February's kit is about love and I've saved this photo for such a kit.
Combined with BG's Bittersweet, Imaginisce, Websters' Pages and October Afternoon.


The distressor is my new favourite tool.
Not much going on here, unless you count germ activity.  E was sick for 3 weeks, followed by me and now J.  Seems to me the bugs are getting stronger while human beings are getting weaker.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fun Cube Instructions

I tried to find the the downloadable instructions for the cube but it is no longer available via TVWeekly.  Instead you can watch the video is here or here.  I miss The Scrapbook Lounge.

Monday, March 9, 2009

My body is trying to tell me something - GET SOME REST!!!  But I can't just yet, until tomorrow's and Thursday's presentations are behind me.
E had high fever that, just as mysteriously as it appeared, disappeared after 48 hours.  Lasted enough to postpone her jab and warrant a visit to the clinic and a referral letter to A&E just in case.  Thank God the fever broke and we didn't have to use the letter.
Now it's my turn to battle a bug that's exploding in my head and causing stiff shoulders.  I just want to curl up in bed ...

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fun Cube

I made the first cube using cardstock and the cardstock failed after just a few times. I wanted to change to fabric, but couldn't figure out the best way to attach it to the cube. Then I thought of Claudine Hellmuth's sticky canvas-back. Eureka! It's the perfect choice. I made a prototype and I'm happy to report it's working like a charm.

video

Look at all the surfaces just begging to be altered. I misted with Maya Road and Memories, inked with Distress Inks and stamped with black pigment ink. Due to the texture of the canvas, I couldn't get a rich black effect I wanted. But you can see the mist resisting the pigment slightly.




Now I'm going make another, and I definitely want to put some photos on it using photo transfer technique.
Off to find the photos!!