This Christmas tree I made for our regular swap generated some interest on fellow swapper's Facebook post. So I thought I'd post a quick tutorial on how I made it.
The idea started months ago, while I was making this layout:
Seeing how the rosettes stacked so beautifully, I experimented with making each die-cut strip into fans, and folding one segment to the back to get more contact area.
A dab of glue and a bit of pinching later:
The base of the tree is formed from half a die-cut strip. Three segments lay flat while the rest are accordion folded and stuck on.
The base and three fan shapes layered on to an embossed ATC card base, topped with a gold brad on a vellum circle: